January Blog

January felt like it passed in the blink of an eye- its hard to wrap my mind around the fact that spring semester is 25% over already. Having had a very bad case of the flu this month, I felt pretty out of it for about a week and am finally starting to feel better now.

This semester feels very presentation focused as we have three classes that require us to make presentations. I think it's a cool way to get all of us talking about the material and pick things out that we want to learn about. Although, it is a bit stressful as I ended up getting scheduled to do three presentations in the span of a month.

This month we did hormones and the neurology module. I find neurology to be slightly more difficult than other topics, mainly because it feels harder to conceptualize in the body. While most organs in the body have very obvious structure/function relationships, the brain feels a lot more arcane in that sense. As it is a mass of neural tissue, it's harder for me to imagine drug actions and mechanisms when compared to things such as the heart or lungs which often have very visible reactions to drugs. However, that didn't stop this module from being very interesting as I learned about several diseases that have had my interest for years such as Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease. Until next month!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Post

NOLA on Tap

March Blog